Saturday, October 15, 2005

Hiking through mud

Today, Priscilla and I went hiking together with Matt, Yuriy, Yoko and her friend Satoko, and Ericson. It was a trail about 4 miles long, called the Nu'uanu Trail. Priscilla and I were picked up by Matt at around 12:00. We actually had some trouble getting to the place because that part of the highway was closed! Ericson, who came in his own car, ran into the same problem as well.

While waiting for Ericson to arrive, some of the others started climbing a big tree (can you see Yoko at bottom left?).
I stayed below in the meantime and managed to collect about ten mosquito bites! At least mosquitos here are smaller and easier to swat than the Japanese ones.




Therefore, I named this street the Mosquito Street.



Going uphill took about two hours. Some parts were pretty steep and tiring, but it wasn't a very long climb. It reminded me a bit of our hiking trips in Japan, because our family loves hiking. The worst part of the trip was that it was extemely muddy! Because I was wearing sandals, my feet got all muddy and dirty. Eewww. I'm glad I didn't get myself too muddy though (although I did slip and fall once).

Finally we got to the top, where the view was superb!


Ericson the triumphant!!!!










Yoko and Satoko.

The way down was somewhat less tiring, though harder on the legs. Some of us ran part of the way becaues Yoko was really worried about getting down before sunset. By the time we finished the trail, it was already past 5:00pm.

Although Erin was planning to take the four of us out to dinner tonight, it didn't work out because Priscilla and I could not get home in time. We hikers decided to go out to eat at a restaurant called Lam's Garden Chinese Restaurant(?). The food was all great, especially the pekin duck which Ericson ordered.

Upon returning home, we immediately took a refreshing shower.. aahh. :D My legs hurt from all that walking.. I hope it won't be too bad tomorrow!

For more photos, you can go to Ericson's place at: http://homepage.mac.com/moonarts/PhotoAlbum41.html

1 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that's a huge tree...looks like it'd be fun to climb. :P Well, sounds like you had a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home