Friday, November 04, 2005

Aahh.. real ramen!!

Today was not the most eventful of Fridays. Erin and I went to our ASL class in the morning, where one of the students was really curious if my name was "Makiko" or "Markiko".. where did she get that second one?? Well I just told her to call me Maki.

Went home and spent hours writing my Siddhartha essay. I'm on the 4th (last) page right now, but it still needs a lot of revising. I also got to talk to my parents... they are enjoying the new, more spacious layout of my room. It looks very different now.

I also got to chat with my Auntie in Machida for nearly an hour (!)... typing in Japanese is so troublesome! She gave me some much awaited details for our Osaka trip this December so I was happy about that.

Finally, a little before 9:00pm, we went to a Kyoto ramen shop with seven other people, mostly from church. The ramen was pretty genuine Japanese, and the chashu was so GOOD! The ladies who served us were Japanese too, and there was Japanese written everywhere, so it almost felt as if we were back home! I'd like to go there again some day.

It's now past 11:00pm, so gotta take shower and go to bed! We are probably going to watch a movie tomorrow. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home