Thursday, October 27, 2005

All those crazy Roman emperors...

During history class today, we learned about the Roman empire. Most of the stuff was what I'd learned before, but Mr. Cassity made it more fun and interesting. He talked about the crazy Roman emperors like Caligula and Nero. Both persecuted Christians. Caligula was so insane that he had his favorite horse elected as senate. He even had a marble stable built for the horse.
The instructor said something about Nero that I did not know: that he thought himself a good musician. According to Mr. Cassity, while Nero was playing his instrument on stage, he wanted to produce a more dramatic effect, so he set fire on the back of the stage while he performed. You probably know the rest... the fire got out of control and burnt half of Rome (!).... Nero blamed the Christians for the fire. Hmph!

Oooh, this is one evil-looking guy! (Nero)


Art class went normally today... the teacher did not make any corrections on my painting; however I am going to ask Mr. Sunabe to correct me next week, when I will have finished the painting.

We hardly speak at all during art class, especially the corner I am at. The other side has more beginners and they can be rather noisy or chatty sometimes. On my side, I happen to be the only beginner surrounded by advanced Media Art students. They are sooooooooo quiet! Most of them listen to their own music on earphones while they paint.

Nothing much to report about after getting home. We watched three Hogan's Heroes episodes after dinner.. hilarious!!

Oh yes, Naomi is leaving for vacation in the Mainland tomorrow morning! :D

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

lol, that Nero story is so funny. Stupid too...he was just twisted. :S Wow...that's kinda scary to imagine lots of people just painting so quietly...but I guess that means that they're so good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home