Saturday, October 29, 2005

Carving a pumpkin is pretty messy work!

We woke up late in the morning today and finished our weekly cleanup and laundry. For some reason I had a stomach ache almost the whole day (maybe it was that pizza from last night). The three of us watched Hogan's Heroes while eating lunch.

Our house feels pretty different here without Naomi. In the afternoon, all three of us went to Borders bookstore with 20% coupons in our hands. I was going to get a CD, but in the end I bought a 365-day Garfield calendar for my own self. :) Can't wait till next year!

Afterwards, Erin went to swim at the pool. Priscilla and I stayed at home and relaxed until evening.

From 6:00pm, the two of us went to church for the "Pumpkin Party", a college people get-together thing. It seems a bit strange because Halloween is not a Christian holiday... nevertheless it was still a lot of fun. All in all, there were about 10~12 people. Ericson led the whole thing, and there were good food (including sushi) and entertaining games.


As usual, this game was very popular.








In the first game we played, we had to guess the number of M&Ms in this jar. It was hard because there were two different types in it!

Then came the game in which we got into two teams and did a tug-of-war with gummies. Two people had to hold a gummy stuck on both ends of a string in their mouths and pull! Whoever lost the string was the loser.

Next came the "pick out the marshmallows buried in flour with toothpicks held between your teeth" game (why does every game involve playing with food?). We divided ourselves into four teams, and I got second place. Unfortunately I was so busy pecking at the flour with the toothpick that I couldn't take any pictures!

Finally came the biggest part of the party: we carved jack-o'-lanterns! Again, we got into two teams, and each made its own pumpkin lantern. We had 30 minutes to do it. It turn out to be a pretty messy job, especially because the inside was so gooey, fibery, and smelly!

Finally we finished the pumpkins!! Our team (on the right) made a housecat. I'm saying it's a HOUSEcat because the other team also made a cat... a lion, to be specific.

We actually put candles inside and lighted them up.


Boogey boogey boogey!!
Our little group and our pumpkin.









Wow, I have so many pictures of the pumpkin! I look sleepy in this picture...

In the end, Priscilla and I got to take both pumpkins home! Right now they're sitting outside our doors like watchdogs (or watchpumpkins). All in all, tonight was a lot of fun! I'd better go to bed now so I'll be ready for Sunday tomorrow!


One extra pic: Ericson's piggy bank, Stanley.

1 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

lol, I like Stanley. :P Nice pumpkins!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home