Thursday, November 03, 2005

Started the Siddhartha essay

Today we learned about Christianity in History class. It was pretty interesting, because we learned why Jesus is known to have been born in 4B.C. instead of 0B.C... because the guy who made the whole B.C.~A.D. system got things mixed up! So we are actually 4 years ahead of time! (not that it matters much now)

We got home, and I quickly built myself a new canvas for today's art class during the lunch break. At art class, we are going to paint something from a master artist's painting. I am thinking of doing either a Monet or a Pissarro.


Maybe the famous water-lily of Monet..









or this opera one. (Pissarro)

Either way, I'm going to have to decide on one painting by next Tuesday. It's so hard to pick when there are so many good artists!


Got home and started on my 4-page "Siddhartha" essay... it's not so easy to write but I'll just have to manage. It's just strange because it's a kind of Buddhist story, yet not really Buddhist in some ways either.

For dinner we had tacos.. mmm!! and studied for the rest of the night. Tomorrow I shall continue with this essay. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh...Siddhartha...sounds like a real bore to read. :P The first Monet one looks really nice, you should to that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home