Friday, April 14, 2006

~Happy Birthday Ericson!!~

Like I said in the previous post, today was a holiday because it was Good Friday. We got to sleep in till late in the morning. I used what was left of the morning to write a reaction paper for a literary event.

At 2:00pm, all of us went out to Kahala Mall to find things for our Easter Sunday service. We also got a birthday gift and a cute smiley balloon for Ericson. After we had bought everything we needed and had eaten a good lunch at the Kimuraya restaurant, we went back home.

During the evening, we got to practice our special music and sign dance for the Easter service. The special music is going to be "Open the Eyes of My Heart" and the sign dance song which Priscilla and I still perform is Jaci Velasquez's "He's My Savior". We were pretty quick in learning and memorizing the songs, but started to go hyper near the end of it. Heehee! It was fun!!

We didn't make it to the Good Friday service at the Kaimuki church, but went there in time to meet the church friends with whom we planned to eat dinner. In fact, this was Ericson's surprise birthday party... and I think it was a success because Ericson hadn't suspected it! About a dozen people in all went to the Islands burger restaurant at Ala Moana.

Actually, we had a little unexpected incident before we got there... remember I wrote above that we got a nice smiley balloon for Ericson? Well, while Naomi, Priscilla and I went into the church building and left Erin in the car writing "happy birthday" on the balloon, the balloon blew away in the wind! Erin said she chased after it across the road and was ALMOST able to catch it - then the balloon fell into the highway! LOL!! Imagine all the cars dodging a big, yellow smiling balloon! Too bad... but the story of Erin and the balloon was funny enough!

And here is the birthday boy! That hat is one of the gifts he received, and the sticker on his shirt reads: "It's my birthday, and I am an incredibly smart, exciting, good-looking person!". It came with the birthday card from us!


Here follows some more pictures.



Priscilla and moi!

Mmm... their burgers are the best!!

Oh I look so weird in this one.. it must have caught me when I was just about to blink!

Well anyway, we were glad that we could do this for Ericson.. it was fun and the food was good! Tomorrow is Saturday! I'm going to go to the induction ceremony for the Phi Theta Kappa society while Priscilla will be going to an audition somewhere.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERICSON!

1 Comments:

At 4:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that hamburger looks humongously and good. Hope you do well on your sign dance!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home