Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Maki turns into a spoiled 14-year-old girl

Today seemed like a long day, but that's probably because we got to go home between our morning and afternoon classes, and I was doing my project during most of my time at home.

Music class was very fun and relaxing.. from today, there will be no lectures by the teacher, but the students must come out one by one and do 10~15 minute presentations on whatever topic they chose. Today's students picked Kabuki and Chinese music. I'm sure we'll be getting many Japanese, Chinese and Korean music presentations in the following weeks, my own included.

Then came the theatre class. Today was the first time the instructor looked at our undeveloped final scenes. She looked at three groups today one by one while the other groups practiced outside the building. My group (me and Oswald) was the third group, so we sat in the grass among bugs and practiced our lines until we were called in.
This scene, from the Diary of Anne Frank, is where Mr. Frank, the father (Oswald), is putting his daughter Anne (me) to bed. When I told the instructor that this scene is right after Anne has had a nightmare, she suddenly said "Oh good! Let's start from the part where you wake up from a nightmare!"

Well, I was already ready on stage and there was no choice, so I just lay back on the substitute "bed", pretended to fall asleep for a while before doing something that went like this: "no.. no! NOOOOO!!!! Don't take me! help me Daddy .. *toss & turn* PLEASE, nooooo!!!"
Well, it was very strange, but the teacher seemed to like my character, and my partner seemed impressed that I did that without practice. *sigh* The things we do in show business...
I'm going to try to take a video of the final scene, so I'd better do my part well!

After theatre class, Priscilla and I were picked up by Naomi and went home. During the two hours we had at home before geography class, I worked on my English project, which is very dull.
Geography class wasn't much better either, until we finished the lecture on soil (how exciting) and did a quiz game! My group didn't win this time though.. how sad. :(

Aside from dinner and American Idol, I spent most of the time finishing up that English project. It wouldn't have taken so much fun if only it had been more interesting to write.. it was so boring to write I kept losing my train of thought as I wrote. :P

Well, that's about it for today. Tomorrow we start learning about Macromedia Flash!! :D

1 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, I definitely want to see that final scene! Do take that video!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home