Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!!

Wow today was such a wonderful day! We woke up early in the morning and went to the 8:30am service at the Kaimuki church. There were even more people at the church than I had been expecting.. in fact, there were so many people that the ushers had to bring in more chairs in the back for people to sit on. Naomi danced a beautiful Hula dance during the service, and Priscilla played the drums for worship. There was a big Easter brunch afterwards, so Erin and I had a little snack and went home before Naomi and Priscilla in order to prepare for our own Easter service.

After some setting up, we were ready! Ericson and Tiffany came as guests, and the worship was really good. We also had one special music of the song "Open the Eyes" with all four of us, and also a sign dance of the song "He's my Savior" by Priscilla and me. I'm glad I didn't make any major mistakes like during practice. I believe it was the Spirit that helped me when I danced. Later, Naomi gave a short Easter sermon.

For lunch, Erin and I picked up food from California Pizza Kitchen, including pizza, pasta, and salads! The food was delicious, and we played an Easter trivia game afterwards and even watched the movie "An Ideal Husband". I think
Tiffany and (especially) Ericson enjoyed the whole thing a lot! It was wonderful to have guests come.. it felt very different from having just the four of us.

We were all very sleepy after the guests left... I don't know how I managed to stay awake during the movie. But I didn't take a nap as I just remembered that I had to draw refined sketches for my Flash video project, due tomorrow! So I spent a lot of time drawing in the afternoon and evening.

Not much went on for the rest of the night. For dinner, we had good food from the abundant supply of leftovers from today and before.
I am so happy that we could have our Easter service, and invite people for the first time!

Tomorrow me and four other people from English class are to do a short story presentation. However I am not sure how it will be as the other have not contacted each other at all! I was the only one who sent them a mail. Oh well, if it doesn't go well it's not all my fault. Heehee!

1 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Easter again! :D Looks like you had a really great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home