Saturday, April 15, 2006

Phi Theta Kappa honor society induction ceremony!

I got to sleep in today. There wasn't much time to relax, though, because Priscilla and Naomi had to leave at 11:30 to go to Priscilla's audition by car, and I didn't want to walk over to the campus. So they dropped me off at the campus on their way.

The campus was so empty today... as you can see in this picture. After all it was Saturday, and there are very few classes on the weekends.

So I went to the computer lab and played with Macromedia Flash for a couple hours. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, though there are still so many tools I'm clueless about.


At 2:00pm, I went down to the cafeteria building, where the induction ceremony for the Phi Theta Kappa society took place. There were twenty-something inductees who were accepted into the society, including myself. We sat in front of everyone for about an hour, listening to the important members give speeches one by one. I kinda feel bad, because I couldn't help but yawn a couple times!

Finally, we went to the podium one by one and received our certificate, along with a white rose. We were also sworn into the society, which meant that we had to raise our right hand and say "I do solemnly swear..." but I don't really remember what I swore!

It was over at around 3:30pm, and I spent a few minutes eating the Chinese food they had prepared, and talking to a Japanese student who is pursuing music. We got along pretty well, talking about music and stuff. She and her husband actually drove me back home.. it was very nice!


At home, we practiced our music and sign dance for tomorrow's Easter service. There will be a few guests coming over.. I'm so looking forward to it!!

2 Comments:

At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! and may GOD bless you.

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey, that's a rather interesting thing you got to go to. Accepted into the society. Cool!

And Hawaii looks so PERFECT in that pic. :D Happy Easter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home